Giving your home a facelift doesn’t have to break the bank. With a little elbow grease and some creativity, you can turn any room into a modern haven on a budget. Our contemporary remodel tips are sure to impress your guests and unleash your originality. They allow you to keep expenses manageable while giving your home a trendy feel that matches your lifestyle. Whether you want to focus on a single room or remodel throughout, our favorite ideas are the perfect starting point for a stylish home that feels fresh and modern.
For your living room
Living rooms should feel relaxed and inviting. They’re a place where family and friends gather to enjoy good conversation and the pleasure of each other’s company. Aside from comfy furniture and plenty of seating space, you need to think of lighting and textures to create a welcoming environment.
If your living room needs a boost, these are some easy ways to create an impact that won’t dent your wallet:
- For added privacy and natural light control, panel track blinds are the modern window treatment of choice. Pair them to your devices for a smart curtain solution that looks sleek and functional.
- If your wall surfaces feel plain, faux wall panels are the affordable solution to make them pop. Available in a variety of materials, you can create interesting patterns that look like stone, leather, vinyl, metal, or more.
- Floating shelves create a 3D vibe in your living room. They provide surfaces to place books or decorative accessories and don’t take up any floor space.
- Quick and easy to install, LED lights create impact and set the mood in any living room. They’re the inexpensive DIY project that looks high-end but doesn’t cost much.
For your home office
If you spend more time in your home office than any other part of your home, it’s worth a remodel. Giving your home office a new look can increase your productivity and make you happier while you work. These are our favorite ideas to make the most of your professional space without blowing your entire paycheck:
- Adjustable standing desks are the versatile working tables that promote creativity and physical activity. They look sleek in any home office and keep you engaged with work. When you need a break, just bring the desk down and take a seat.
- An ergonomic desk chair can do wonders for your work space and your body. If you suffer from back pain, hip aches, or neck discomfort, these well-designed chairs make an excellent investment. Some companies also reimburse their employees for chair expenses, so it’s worth asking your HR department before you buy a new chair.
- Stay organized and put your walls to good use with new bookcases for your home office. If budget allows, consider built-in bookcases as a more high-end alternative that adds to the value of your home.
- Sticky notes are a thing of the past. Save trees and boost the look of your home office with a glass white board on the wall. They’re available in different sizes and make your office look great.
For your kitchen
Most families find themselves gathering around the kitchen multiple times a day. Why? Because food brings people together. Give your loved ones a stylish kitchen that inspires them to create mouth-watering dishes with these fresh ideas:
- Stainless steel cabinetry that matches your appliances is the ultimate modern kitchen remodel. Complement it with rich, wooden accessories or bold colors for the most fashionable statement.
- Bring the outdoors into your kitchen with a vertical herb garden that can add a fresh touch to your dishes. Your family will appreciate the burst of flavor while your kitchen looks eco-friendly and earthy.
- Subway tile is the easy-to-install backsplash that looks clean and crisp. It matches a variety of styles and adds brightness to any modern kitchen without breaking your budget.
- Your sink is one of the most hard-working features of your kitchen, and one of the easiest to upgrade. With a trendy apron sink and a unique faucet, you can elevate your meal prep experience. Don’t be surprised if it even inspires your kids to hand wash the dishes!
For your dining room
If your family loves to sit down and enjoy a good meal together, then your dining room is the best place to invest your remodel money. Here are the dining room fix up ideas that are worth the expense and help you create memories with every weekday dinner:
- Add brightness to your meals with an impactful light fixture that transforms your dining room. You won’t believe the difference it makes when you sit down at the table every night.
- If you want to give your dining area a natural feel, consider a turf area rug. They’re easy to install and keep clean while refreshing the senses.
- Everyone will want to set the plates when you add a reclaimed wood table to your dining room. They’re an immediate boost of warmth and texture.
- A built-in buffet or bar is a permanent addition to your dining room and an impactful remodel project. It makes life easier on a daily basis, keeps your home organized, and looks more expensive than it is.
When you give your house a contemporary remodel, you refresh your everyday experience and add value to your home. Our affordable redesign tips make the most of your budget to give your home a stunning boost that lasts. Whether you’re looking to redo a specific room or the entire house, these striking upgrades will make you love your time at home again.
- Why you must include a mini bar in your small space
- Remodeling your small bathroom? Where you should start and what to do first
- What to do to repurpose old planters
- 6 simple steps to start your next home-renovation project
- How to choose rustic wood flooring for every room