The holidays are almost here, and that means it’s time to Ho-Ho-Ho your way into some serious outdoor Christmas decorations. Because it’s been a year that’s felt, in many ways, like a decade, this is the time to treat yourself by finding some new decor for the outside of your home that makes it really stand out from the crowd.
Many festive designers concentrate their efforts on the inside of the house, which makes sense given it’s a season of hosting friends and family. That being said, the exterior of your home can benefit from more than just a string of lights. To take your outdoors to the next level, check out some of our favorite yard decorations for this season!
We’re obsessed with these colorful outdoor topiaries from Grandin Road. They make such a statement and work perfectly in a corner by themselves or as a pair bookending your front door. We recommend investing in these pieces because:
- The whimsical color and design remind us of a holiday storefront
- They are handpainted and weatherproof
- You can weigh down two of the sections with sand so it doesn’t tip or move
- The pieces make a statement standing alone, but can also add color when set inside large topiaries
Spread joy this Christmas by giving passersby the classic image of Santa in his sleigh. This understated silhouette option from Pottery Barn sells for $199, and it’s a quick and easy way to add a little whimsy to your design.
- The metal yard is durable enough to survive the harsh conditions of the season
- The piece is easy to install with enclosed yard stakes
- It’s lead and latex-free, making it family and animal safe
Don’t worry, these aren’t the plastic yard deer you’re used to seeing in classic family holiday movies. We love the antique look of these Montresor Deer from Ballard Designs. They range in price from $229 to $359 depending on which size you choose.
- The vintage, weathered finish looks elegant and sophisticated
- There are three styles to choose from including fawn, sitting, and standing
- Tie a red or plaid ribbon around their necks for added effect
- The pieces are lightweight and easily moveable
Let these trees light the way to your front door. You can buy a set of two, and they’re the perfect way to line the walkway to your house or decorate the ends of your driveway.
- The trees are available in white/yellow and blue/red/green
- LED-powered lights are easy to set up
- They are equipped to turn on and off automatically
- The solid outdoor metal is durable and rust-resistant
Hammacher Schlemmer is paying homage to the original Christmas light that has adorned many a family tree — the bubble light. This four-foot, $150 version is meant for the outdoors and is sure to be the talk of the neighborhood.
- Anything nostalgic is a holiday season win
- The light is complete with 115 twinkling red, green, and white LED lights
- It has two metal stakes for easy installation
All of these options are easy to install and bring the joy of the season to any home’s outdoor space. To protect your investment and your design, ensure every piece is properly secured so they don’t break or blow away in the blustery winter weather.
- Make a statement with your fireplace: 4 fantastic ideas
- 15 imaginative winter decor ideas to add cozy charm to your home
- Need a winter wreath for your front door? These ideas will last beyond Christmas
- These Christmas table decorations are the perfect backdrop for your holiday meal
- These Charlie Brown Christmas trees are your perfect holiday addition