The holidays are quickly approaching which means it’s time to dust off your outdoor Thanksgiving decorations. If your selection is looking a little bleak this year, don’t worry — there are plenty of options you can purchase that will have neighbors and friends envious of your yard. It’s finally that season when many begin to host family and friends for Thanksgiving, so why not welcome them from the time they pull into your driveway with some festive outdoor decorations that will really turn heads.
Here are a few we absolutely adore!
We love outdoor wreaths because they are an inviting and gorgeous way to keep the outside of your home looking holiday-ready. This fall abundance wreath from Williams Sonoma is a little on the pricey side at just over $100, but it’s well worth the investment. Here’s why:
- Highlights all the best colors of the season
- Comes with preserved cherry peppers, Japanese lanterns, marjoram, dried corn, and safflower
- The classic design pairs well with any style of home
- It is very durable and will last you through the end of the season (and beyond)
While we’re on the subject of fall plants and flowers, go big this season and place two oversized planters on either side of your front door and fill them with seasonal plants, like chrysanthemums, flowering kale, Pelee, and pansies. Ballard Designs has gorgeous Toulon planters that range in price and size, and they definitely deserve a place in your entryway.
- They are lightweight so they are easily movable but look like authentic clay pots
- Highly durable for any outdoor weather
- Versatile enough to complement your interior decoration as well
- They come in four stunning colors and multiple sizes so you can pick one that fits your porch’s style and size
If you want to go all out this year (and for many years to come), nothing says Thanksgiving time like a giant inflatable turkey, and this one from Amazon would have the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade organizers jealous. Sure, it’s on the expensive side, but you will be able to use it for years to come (and win any neighborhood decorating contests in the process). Here’s why we love it:
- It stands over 13 feet high
- It comes with an air blower, sandbags (because you don’t want this thing coming loose), rope, and repair cloth
- It’s a statement piece to rival all others
Well-picked illumination is warm and inviting, and that’s why we adore this Cornucopia Thanksgiving window display from Wayfair. At only $30, you could buy one for each of your front windows to display all season long.
- It’s an affordable yet attention-grabbing piece of outdoor decor
- It comes with spare bulbs
- If one bulb burns out, the rest stay lit
- The classic design pays homage to the season
Whether you want to usher in the season in a more subtle, muted way or really go all out and scream “Happy Thanksgiving” to passersby via a giant, inflatable turkey, you can show off your personality this fall. Embrace your unique stylistic point of view and let the world know you’re ready to welcome the season with open arms.
- How to level a yard (and 3 reasons why you really should)
- 6 easy ways to update your home for under $500
- 9 easy and effective ways to clear a garden full of weeds for good
- 11 attractive English cottage garden design ideas you should steal for your yard
- You’ll want to copy this Redditor’s cozy garden design