Now that most of us are spending more time at home, it’s the perfect time to gift yourself with a few upgrades. Since the kitchen is the heart of the home, you can get the most bang for your buck updating a room that gets the most eyes on it.
With the holidays fast approaching, budgeting is important, but we’ve found some easy, inexpensive ideas to put a fresh face on your kitchen without breaking the bank. Consider it a gift to yourself for all you do for those around you.
Here are 10 kitchen upgrades — all for under $130 — that will be the talk of all your future gatherings:
- Inola 1 Light Single Globe Pendant – Updating your kitchen lighting is one of the easiest ways to give new life to your kitchen space. There are so many options on the market, but this single glass globe pendant is a personal favorite. It comes in black, brass, or chrome and for only $58 (on sale right now on Wayfair), and it’s a modern and elegant way to brighten the room.
- Tile backsplash – Adding a backsplash does wonders to bring your personality to any space, especially the kitchen. This Carrara White Marble 1×2 Herringbone Mosaic Tile costs $12 per sheet that covers one square foot. The herringbone pattern gives a modern and fun pattern to any wall.
- Hardware – Upgrading your kitchen hardware is another easy way to change up the look of the space. Kitchens typically have a lot of doors and drawers, so changing out knobs and pulls can make a big difference. I really like these Wayfair 3″ center-to-center bar pulls in a metallic gold. These come in a set of 25 for $35.
- Paint – A fresh coat of paint can be used to brighten walls or cabinets. I’d recommend a semigloss finish for easy cleaning, and it’s also good at standing up to mildew, stains, and dirt. Price will depend on what type you get, but Sherwin Williams or Behr are both solid choices.
- Wallpaper – I’m a huge fan of wallpaper but know it’s not always easy to remove if you change your mind. Thanks to peel-and-stick, now you can update an accent wall in your kitchen and if you tire of it, just peel it off and try something new. I like this which comes in 17.8-inch x 118.8-inch sections for just $9. It gives the look of a wood wall without the expense of installing actual wood.
- Industrial shelving – Rustic meets industrial with these . You can use this as a bookshelf to display your favorite cookbook or for extra dish or mug storage. This one comes with four shelves and is $53.
- A new print – I’m in love with the “Call Me Old Fashioned'” print from Katie Kime. It comes in five sizes and multiple frame colors. The 16×20 is $128, but there are two smaller sizes for less. It definitely gives personality to any kitchen wall.
- Sink faucet – Updating your kitchen sink faucet is easy, and you don’t have to break the bank to find a decent one. This has a pull-down sprayer, and its chunky size makes it stand out from the crowd.
- Decor – Setting out fun, whimsical decor is sure to brighten up any space. These Heartfelt by Anthropologie XO Felted Wool Trivets come in a set in either orange or blue for just $44. Function meets fashion!
- Switch plates – While you’re perusing the Anthropologie site, you can also update your kitchen switch plates to give it a fresh look. I like the Rosalita switch plates that are between $22-28 depending on size.
These are all fun, relatively inexpensive ways to freshen up your kitchen in time to celebrate the holidays. Happy shopping!
- Modern updates for your old kitchen that won’t break the bank
- Make a statement with your fireplace: 4 fantastic ideas
- 15 imaginative winter decor ideas to add cozy charm to your home
- 5 stellar 2023 bathroom design trends you need to add to your home design
- 5 expert tips to personalize your home design in 2023